Migration of existing SharePoint Sites from old version to latest version is challenging activity. It requires great knowledge and expertise in SharePoint migration domain. When it comes to latest version of SharePoint, it always offers lots of the new functionalities and overcomes many of the shortcomings of old versions, which will eventually help business to excel. Than migrating to latest version of SharePoint becomes the need of business. Some of the organization might be planning their on-premises environment to Online, due to business decision to delegate the task of SharePoint Farm Administration to cloud vendors.
Migration does not imply just moving of data from one place to another. Hence It is very important plan and analyze complete migration activity carefully. Detailed analysis of current sites for Customizations (Custom code developed in house/Vendor, any code from CodePlex / open source solutions,3rd party solution integration, InfoPath / Nintex forms and SharePoint Designer / Nintex workflows etc., Pages created with SharePoint Designer), Orphan Data / features for cleanup, Content restructuring, Rebranding migrated site, permission migration. After analyzing it is very important to decide Best suitable migration approach.
Some of the SharePoint version cannot be directly migrated to latest version of SharePoint, it requires migration to single or multiple intermediate version migrations (Example 2003 to 2016 will require 2003 to 2007 to 2010 to 2013 to 2016). Increase in size and complexity in SharePoint Sites increases risks involved in migrating to latest version.
Why to choose ITCube for your Migration projects ?
We have migration experts/ consultants, they will be doing following
- Complete Analysis of existing Farm
- Share complete analysis report
- Decide on best suited approach
- Minimum down time
- Cost effective
- No data lost
- Content Migration Approach decide
- Database detach or attach
- 3rd Party Tools
- In house scripts to support the migration
- Prepare complete migration test plan
- Perform test migration
- Do verification after test migration
- Solve the issues of test migration
- Prepare actual migration plans
- Do verification after actual migration
- Solve the issues of actual migration
Above will help to reduce downtime during actual migration since most of the issue are already taken care in the test migration phase.
We have proficiency in the following Migrations/ Upgrades
- SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint 2007
- SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016
- Any of SharePoint Version to SharePoint Online
|Petroleum & Gas||Government|
|Manufacturing||Logistic & Distribution|
|SharePoint Online||Angular JS|
Most Common Challenges Faced in Any SharePoint Migration Project
- The more customizations in the existing site, more are the challenges. The associated risks, cost and time factors increase too.
- Lack of Domain expertise in following best practices lead to partial or complete migration failure
- Getting the information from business, what all things need to be migrated
- “In Progress” Workflows are challenge to migrate
- Some of the features are not supported in newer version